Nielsen Holdings N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a leading global information and measurement company that provides clients with a comprehensive understanding of consumers and consumer behavior.
Nielsen delivers critical media and marketing information, analytics and industry expertise about what consumers watch (across television, online and mobile) and what consumers buy on a global and local basis. Nielsen's information, insights and solutions help clients maintain and strengthen their market positions and identify opportunities for growth.
Nielsen has over 35,000 associates working on behalf of our clients across over 100 countries, including many developing and emerging markets, and holds leading market positions in many of our business segments.
The company has created innovative strategic alliances with Catalina Marketing, The Conference Board, Facebook, and McKinsey & Company.
Nielsen has acquired a wide range of innovative companies over the last five years that help our clients strengthen their growth strategies and improve ROI on consumer engagement investments. These acquisitions include: Buzzmetrics, The Cambridge Group, IAG, Marketing Analytics Inc., The Modeling Group, and Neurofocus.
- Nielsen serves over 20,000 clients around the world. Some of our largest clients include CBS, The Coca-Cola Company, Kraft, NBC Universal, Nestle S.A., The Procter & Gamble Company, and Unilever.
- The average relationship with our top ten clients is more than 30 years.
- The company helps clients enter new markets, drive growth, develop new products, tailor pricing & marketing, and measure performance.
- Nielsen measures television viewing in 30 countries around the world.
- The Company measures markets that account for approximately 80% of global internet users and offers mobile measurement services in 10 countries, including the United States, where we are the market leader.
- We track, measure and analyze consumer-generated media including opinions, advice, peer-to-peer discussions, and shared personal experiences on over 180 million blogs, social networks, and forums.
- We track billions of sales transactions per month in retail outlets in approximately 95 countries around the world.
- We interview ~240,000 household panelists across 26 countries to create a household view of their shopping and buying activity.
- We have tested and refined ~150,000 new products for consumer-driven companies in the last 30 years, including many of the world's most successful new product launches in the packaged goods industry.
- We help clients link what consumers watch with what consumers buy, using state-of-the-art marketing, sales, pricing, promotion, and segmentation analytics.
- Quarterly measurement of Consumer Confidence across 28,000 consumers in 56 countries
- All of the production for The Conference Board's monthly U.S. Consumer Confidence Index